In alphabetical order, below are links to tools available to make your PowerShell experience more interesting ;)
/N Software NetCmdlets
- a broad range of network management and messaging capabilities. The current release contains more than 30 Cmdlets providing access to network and host protocols such as SNMP, LDAP, DNS, Syslog, HTTP, WebDav, FTP, SMTP, POP, IMAP, Rexec/RShell, Telnet, and more. This is a commercial product.
- utilises WPF features to improve on the PS shell. This tool aims to be a more modern replacement for the default shell. This is an open source product.
Codeplex PowerShell Community Extensions
- working towards providing widely useful set of additional cmdlets, providers, aliases, filters, functions and scripts for PowerShell. This is an open source product.
- Trap and respond to synchronous & asynchronous .NET events within your powershell scripts with an easy to use suite of cmdlets. This is an open source product.
Microsoft PowerShell SDK
- The Windows PowerShell SDK is written for command developers who require reference information about the APIs provided by Windows PowerShell. This is a free download from MSDN.
- data visualization product that creates gadgets for displaying output from your PS data in Windows. Very simple to create. This is a commercial product.
- a small editor to develop and test your function or script. This is a free product.
Quest ActiveRoles Management Shell for AD (aka Quest AD Cmdlets)
- perform administrative tasks like discovering the AD environment, changing user properties, modifying group membership, provisioning new user accounts, and performing multiple other tasks within Active Directory. This is a free product.
- an extensible graphical administrative console for managing systems based on Windows PowerShell. This is a free product.
SAPIEN PrimalScript 2007
- fully-customizable user interface with multiple tabs, dockable pane, IDE for use with PowerShell and other scripting languages. This is a commercial product.
SDM Software GPExpert™ Scripting Toolkit for PowerShell
- enables access to Group Policy objects from within PowerShell. Not all policy appear to be supported. This is a commercial product.
ShellTools PowerShell Analyzer
- PowerShell Analyzer is a rich interactive environment for Windows PowerShell. This product will be commercial but is currently free while in Beta.
ShellTools PowerShell Plus
- Powershell Plus extends the windows Console adding functionality that has long been amiss in windows. Additionally its a fully featured Powershell Host including an editor and debugger. Available for personal use for free..
The PowerShellGuy’s PowerTab
- provides extensive tab completion within the Shell. This is a free product.
TrueSec Fine Grain Password Policy Tool
- you can use fine-grained password policies to specify multiple password policies within a single domain. You can use fine-grained password policies to apply different restrictions for password and account lockout policies to different sets of users in a domain. This appears to be a free download from TrueSec. It is currently in Beta 1. This is a Swedish website. The product, and download link (Hampta Filen) is located about a third of the way down the page – and is in English.
Zimbra PowerShell Cmdlets
- A set of MS PowerShell scripts to send SOAP requests to the Zimbra mail server. Can be used to create an interactive command line session to the Zimbra server for both administrative and mailbox operations. This is a free product. I have been unable to actually get these cmdlets working as yet – DOA.