It’s that time of year again .. yes, the Microsoft Scripting Games are nearly upon us. With less than a week to go I thought it time to take a closer look at what it’s all about.
The games run from April 26th through to May 7th. There are two categories, VBScript or PowerShell, and two levels of difficulty: Beginner and Advanced.
1. Sign up for the games
2. Take a look at the Study Guide if you want to prepare.
3. Checkout the extra prizes that you can win if you sign up to the Australian Team
4. Grab the Badge
5. Spread the word and join in using the Twitter hash tag #2010sg and if you feel lke it use the Twibbon
6. Script and have some fun!!
There’s also a FAQ and a forum to hang out in.
Good luck everyone :-)
There’s a couple of User Group items I want to talk about this month. Obviously there is the PowerShell UG Australia Script club for Perth next Thursday 18th March, as well as a Presentation session for Brisbane next week on the 16th. Details of both can be found on the PowerShell User Group Australia web site.
I also want to raise the visibility on the first Perth Infrastructure Group (PIGAU) for 2010 tomorrow night (Thursday 11th). We have Jeff Alexander in town, and he’ll be presenting on Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services
What we will cover:
- RemoteApp and Remote Desktop
- Remote Desktop Services (RDS) Improvements
- Using RDS to Connect to Virtual Machines
Demonstrations in this Session:
- Using Remote Desktop Services Remote Programs
- Using Remote Desktop Services Web Access
- Configuring Remote Desktop Services Gateway
- Connecting RemoteApp Through Remote Desktop Connection Broker to a Hyper-V VM
So if you’re in Perth, and free Thursday night come along!
The meeting this month is going to be in Sydney!!
This is to take advantage of PowerShell MVP, and all round scripting good guy Don Jones being in town. Don is on holiday on the east coast and he has kindly agreed to be hi-jacked on Thursday night to present a session for the User Group.
So, our agenda currently looks like this:
17:30 17:40 Introduction
17:40 – 18:00 Jeff Alexander – Windows PowerShell integration with Group policy in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
18:00 – 18:20 Adam Bell – Managing MDT 2010 with PowerShell
18:20 – 18:40 Don Jones – What You Should Care About in PowerShell v2
18:40 – 19:00 Q&A and informal chat amongst the group
Jeff, is actually in Canberra on Thursday so he’ll be taking advantage of Live Meeting to join us (details to follow).
Keep an eye on the UG website for details and please join us either online or in person if you’re in Sydney!